[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Send notifications for unassigned tasks in jBPM 4 [errata]

Andrea R do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 8 08:36:28 EST 2010

rapa [http://community.jboss.org/people/rapa] created the discussion

"Send notifications for unassigned tasks in jBPM 4 [errata]"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/574907#574907

Hi,

I am using jBPM 4.4 with Seam 2.2, running on JBoss 4.2.

I couldn't find anything in the user guide nor examples on internet for this quite standard situation:

I would like to send a notification for newly created tasks, which are not yet assigned.
This is not very useful since I would like to notify users from an assignable group that a task
Hi,

Sorry, this is an errata corrige of the discussion  http://community.jboss.org/message/574898#574898 http://community.jboss.org/message/574898 which I submitted by mistake before finishing the message... Here is the correct text:

I am using jBPM 4.4 with Seam 2.2, running on JBoss 4.2.

I couldn't find anything in the user guide nor examples on internet for this quite standard situation:

I would like to send a notification for newly created tasks, which are not yet assigned.
It seems like jBPM sends notifications only when tasks are assigned to someone. This is not very useful in my case since I would like to notify users from an assignable group that a task is pending. One of them should then take it and work on it.

Here is the task definition.

    <task candidate-groups="managers" g="243,49,127,52" name="Review Registration">
        <notification template="jbpm_approvepartreg_task" />
        <transition name="approve" to="State 1" g="7,-11" />
        <transition name="reject" to="State 2" g="-13,8" />
    </task>

And the email template. Basically, the email should go out to the "tos" specified in the email template.

    <mail-template name="jbpm_approvepartreg_task">
        <from addresses="jbpm at mydomain.com (mailto:jbpm at mydomain.com)" />
        <to addresses="xyz at mydomain.com (mailto:xyz at mydomain.com)" />
        <subject>Pending Task Notification - ${task.name}</subject>
        <text>Some text here</text>
    </mail-template>

Anybody has an idea how to deal with this problem?

Cheers,
Andrea