[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: Nested DataSource fails to deploy before ejbs"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 16 14:56:29 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Nested DataSource fails to deploy before ejbs":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526627#526627

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> henk53 wrote:
>

> Wouldn't it btw be possible for JBoss AS to spot the dependency automatically? If persistence.xml declares using a specific datasource and JBoss AS is able to keep track of which datasources are already deployed...
>
> Would something like that be possible?
It does try to add a implicit dependency actually (AFAIK). And the document that i pointed to http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossejb3/freezone/docs/reference/1.0.7/html/entityconfig.html talks about a jboss.no.implicit.datasource.dependency property to "disable" this behaviour. The property description is as follows:

jboss.no.implicit.datasource.dependency - JBoss tries to register deployment dependencies for datasource by
guessing the dependency name based on the jndi name of the datasource. Use this switch if the guess is wrong.

I think the persistence module is not able to "guess" the datasource name correctly because you have packaged the -ds.xml within your .ear - which i think results in a different MBean ObjectName than if you had deployed it directly in deploy folder.