[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Some questions and feedback from beginner"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 25 13:41:39 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Some questions and feedback from beginner":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522146#522146

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
Hi,

> Isn't that true that jPDL is a kind of BPEL?! In fact it instructs the engine what needs to be done and when.

Sure, just like Cobol is a kind of java, it instructs a cpu to do things... So infact no... No comparison.

> I was wondering if there is how should it be understood - since BPMN is language independent,there is no item like java or sql, hql, etc.

No, it is not... It is Webservice oriented. There is a service task which in default implementation is a webservice one. Webservices are as much a 'language' (more interface) as a java one is. The fact that you can hava a java service task, or whatever is just hidden from view. Could have been done in jPDL to, but that choice was not made. An initial design could have just a state/node also in jPDL which later would become a java node by a developer... It's ALWAYS a joint effort (search for posts on this by Tom Baeyens)