[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBossTools-3.0.3.GA On Eclipse Ganymede"

Salim OFLAZ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 1 08:31:15 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBossTools-3.0.3.GA On Eclipse Ganymede":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529127#529127

Author  : Salim OFLAZ
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/salimoflaz

Message:
Hi Dennis,
I finally achieved to generate some files with  Jboss Tools in eclipse. I read the database user guide you mentioned in your post and added some parameters to the command used to start database in server mode. like this one;
 java -cp ~/lib/hsqldb/lib/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.0 file:test -dbname.0 ta
to give database alias and pyhsical files used for it.
I am using Open SUSE 10.3 LINUX operating system and eclipse ganymede 3.4.2 and Jboss Tools 3.0.3 GA and I discovered that the database table names should be in uppercase, maybe this holds for other database objects such as Foreign Keys, Primary Keys and Views. Otherwise it's not generating anything.
In addition I had to switch to Hibernate perspective and changed Hibernate configuration such as database connection and dialect, added hsqldb.jar to classpath, changed type to core.

After all it worked. But I spent a lot of time. Hope this helps somebody else in the future who plan to use HSQLDB and Jboss Tools.

Thank you for your posts.

Best Regards,
Salim OFLAZ