[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Automatic transition from wait state - is it correct?"

Peter Meggitt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 2 14:05:58 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Automatic transition from wait state - is it correct?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529459#529459

Author  : Peter Meggitt
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jbossphan

Message:
I haven't moved to 4.3 yet but I assume the unique constraints are the same. There are 2 unique keys, one with dbid, and one with id. For some reason it looks like a new "Execution" is created which would require a new id. This would be expected from a fork. Is it also required when using a timer?

It sounds like a new "Execution" is being created and the "id" includes the "id" of the main "Execution" along with the name of the current activity. Not sure where the new "Executions" gets created and then deleted. Maybe I not thinking clearly. Can someone explain the whole purpose of the "id" column and uniqueness constraint and what queries it would be used in?