[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: JBoss AS WTP server adapter removes deployment module"

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 7 17:01:10 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss AS WTP server adapter removes deployment module":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530400#530400

Author  : henk de boer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53

Message:
To chime in again, I personally haven't seen it happening again that the server in Eclipse's server view showed the resource I recently saved as a top-level deployable artifact.

However...

It keeps happening that in the server view everything looks okay. Both the EJB and Web module are present as normal and they both are labeled with [Synchronized]. When I start up the server though, the Web module *only* contains a few resource I last saved! Everything else is gone. This happens almost daily or at least every few days.

Since I just had it happening again, the last actions I did are still fresh in my mind.

I had started JBoss AS and while it was running made several changes to JSP (JSF) files and Java files (inside method bodies, I don't have JRebel running for the moment). This session lasted for a few hours after which I stopped the server to make some more changes. I made a change in a JSP file again, in a faces-config.xml file and in a java file 3 files total, with the java file containing a static inner class.

Then I started the server again to see my changes, but it failed to start up. After inspection of the deployment it appeared that the entire web module only consisted of those 3 files I edited while the server was stopped and the 1 extra file that represents the static inner class. The Java files were of course the derived .class files in WEB-INF/classes and not the actual .java source files. Everything else was gone again, yet the UI still says "synchronized".

For this is currently extra troublesome, since for a few days JBoss AS tools also often refuses to deploy anything to WEB-INF/lib. I'm very happy when it for some magical reason finally deploys libs to that folder after taking hours of repeated re-deployments, but it all starts over when JBoss AS tools decides to delete everything again.