[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache POJO Edition] - ClassCastException: org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl cannot be cast to org.jboss.cache.pojo.PojoCache

Viral Ghariwala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 28 15:29:54 EDT 2010

Viral Ghariwala [http://community.jboss.org/people/viral.ghariwala] created the discussion

"ClassCastException: org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl cannot be cast to org.jboss.cache.pojo.PojoCache"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/545340#545340

Friends,
I'm using Pojo Cache first time. I'm getting ClassCastException: org.jboss.cache.pojo.impl.PojoCacheImpl cannot be cast to org.jboss.cache.pojo.PojoCache while I try to retrieve an instance of PojoCache using following code.

| MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
ObjectName on = null;

try {
 on = new ObjectName("jboss.cache:service=PojoCache");
 } catch (MalformedObjectNameException e) {
 logger.error("The format of the string does not correspond to a valid ObjectName.", e);
 } catch (NullPointerException e) {
 logger.error("An application attempts to use null in a case where an object is required.", e);
 }

PojoCacheJmxWrapperMBean cacheWrapper = (PojoCacheJmxWrapperMBean) MBeanServerInvocationHandler.
newProxyInstance(server, on, PojoCacheJmxWrapperMBean.class,false);

 PojoCache pojoCache = cacheWrapper.getPojoCache(); |
|  |
|  |

Below is the cache configuration file I'm using. This file is copied to 'deploy' directory of 'default' server.

|| pojocache-jboss-beans.xml ||
| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment xmlns="urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0">

<!-- First we create a Configuration object for the cache -->
<bean name="CacheConfiguration">
<!-- Externally injected services -->
<property name="runtimeConfig">
<bean name="CacheRuntimeConfiguration">
<property name="transactionManager">
<inject bean="jboss:service=TransactionManager" property="TransactionManager" />
</property>
</bean>
</property>
<property name="multiplexerStack">udp</property>
<property name="clusterName">PojoCacheCluster</property>
<property name="isolationLevel">REPEATABLE_READ</property>
<property name="cacheMode">REPL_SYNC</property>
<property name="stateRetrievalTimeout">15000</property>
<property name="syncReplTimeout">20000</property>
<property name="lockAcquisitionTimeout">15000</property>
<property name="exposeManagementStatistics">true</property>
</bean>

<bean name="PojoCacheJmxWrapper">
<annotation>@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX(name="jboss.cache:service=PojoCache", exposedInterface=org.jboss.cache.pojo.jmx.PojoCacheJmxWrapperMBean.class, registerDirectly=true)</annotation>
<property name="configuration">
<inject bean="CacheConfiguration" />
</property>
</bean>

</deployment> |

Please help to resolve this.

Thank you.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache POJO Edition at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2054]