[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss tools 3.2B1 sometimes doesn't deploy classes in web module

arjan tijms do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 8 12:38:40 EST 2010

arjan tijms [http://community.jboss.org/people/atijms] created the discussion

"JBoss tools 3.2B1 sometimes doesn't deploy classes in web module"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/570116#570116

Hi,

I'm using JBoss Tools 3.2 beta 1 with Eclipse 3.6.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 (64 bits) on JDK6U21. I have an EAR project that is deployed to JBoss AS 5.1. This initially works correctly, but after I stop the server, make some changes to my files, pull in new changes from Mercurial etc I restart the server.

I then get class not found errors, and when I inspect the deployment in JBoss AS it seems that there are most classes are missing in the web module's WEB-INF directory. Strangely however, there are some classes that are deployed and for some classes that are missing, the package folder is there but it's empty.

The "Server Log" view for the JBoss 5.1 Runtime Server mentions under the Publishing node:

1 files modified in module my_main_ejb 31 minutes, 2 seconds ago
81 files modified in module my_main_web 31 minutes, 2 seconds ago

The 31 minutes exactly corresponds with the time I started the server and the classes where missing. The Modified time of the files that are present in the WEB-INF/classes also corresponds with this.

I did notice that there are some suspect events in the log, but these are dated a couple of hours back where the deploy did work. It is:

No publisher found for module DeletedModule[saxon9.jar,org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:/binary:/home/myuser/workspace/my_main/libraries/saxon9.jar.

This did happen a couple of time before, and I could fix it by closing and re-opening the EAR and it's associated web and EJB projects and cleaning, restarting, etc (don't know exactly in which order). I remember a very similar bug in JBoss tools 3.1 where sometimes only the most recently touched files where deployed.