[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Drools-jBPM connection

Renzo Tomaselli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 23 07:33:41 EDT 2011

Renzo Tomaselli [http://community.jboss.org/people/Tomarenz] created the discussion

"Drools-jBPM connection"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/622322#622322

Hi all,
I'm trying to get an overview concerning any relation between Drools and jBPM, e.g. how business rules can drive a process flow.
Till now I understood that rules enter the game as:

- conditions to constrain choices in xor xplit gateways.
- business rule tasks (I guess there is an embedded workItemHandler somewhere).
- anything else ?

However I miss how facts are managed, e.g. how process tasks declare facts to be used later on by rules in the same process and how scopes are defined.
Is there any document/tutorial/example explaining how these two worlds interconnect ?
Thanks.