[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss memory usage pattern

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 22 15:32:57 EST 2011

Peter Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss memory usage pattern"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/589091#589091

I don't know if the "polling" setting in VisualVM changes how often it polls the JVM, or how often it updates the display. I would just use -verbose:gc and -Xloggc and then monitor the loggc file. That would eliminate anything funny that VisualVM is doing.

If you say you are generating 2GB of garbage in about 40 seconds, then that is a lot of garbage being generated (50MB per second). I usually have to run a benchmark with a heavy load to get that kind of churn. What is your CPU utilization? Are you certain that, other than the VisualVM connection, that the app server is idle?

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]