[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - <jaxws:client> configuration not picked up from jbossws-cxf.xml

Steffen Krause do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 10 22:05:33 EDT 2012

Steffen Krause [https://community.jboss.org/people/kimba74] created the discussion

"<jaxws:client> configuration not picked up from jbossws-cxf.xml"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/740891#740891

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to access a 3rd-party Web Service from within my webapp. Unfortunately I have to add additional classes to the client's JAXContext for it to work. According to the CXF Users Manual and from discussions I had with Daniel Kulp from Apache it should be possible to add these additional classes by configuring the client for CXF as follows:

<jaxws:client name="{urn:name:space:of:service}PortName" createdFromAPI="true">
        <jaxws:dataBinding>
            <bean class="org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBDataBinding">
                <property name="ExtraClass">
                    <list>
                        <value>an.additional.binding.ObjectFactory</value>
                        <value>an.other.additional.binding.ObjectFactory</value>
                    </list>
                </property>
            </bean>
        </jaxws:dataBinding>
    </jaxws:client>

I've been experimenting with this now for three days and it doesn't work at all.

During my debugging work this weekend I logged out which beans get registered with the CXF Bus as the javax.xml.ws.Service gets created and the port gets retrieved. According to the smart guys from Apache CXF I should see a bean being created that has the name "{urn:name:space:of:service}PortName" but I don't. The only one that comes close is a bean called "{urn:name:space:of:service}PortName.jaxws-client.proxyFactory" which is of type "org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsProxyFactoryBean".

I'm also unable to add additional interceptors to the Web Service Client as described in the CXF Users Manual.

Is it possible that the jbossws-cxf.xml is only pulled in for Web Service Endpoint implementation but not for Web Service consumers?

Thanks,

Steffen

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]