[jbosside-dev] SoapUI/JBossWS finally working.. and 1.5 source discussion

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 21:51:15 EDT 2006

Hey guys...

After several hours of grueling last night and today I finally got the
eviware JBossWS feature compiled with the JBossIDE build system. It turns
out the .classpath file of com.eviware.soapui.core wasn't updated to reflect
the Java1.5 source compatibility that was configured in the MANIFEST.MF. I
am going to be committing the new builder into CVS and executing a build
that will notify this list.

At any rate... I wanted to shed light on the fact that this is our
first 1.5plugin meaning that we should probably think about how we
want to
distribute. IMO, it is fair to expect users to have a 1.5 compatible JRE now
that we are over halfway through 2006, but I am willing to hear other
opinions ;). If worse comes to worse, we can ship JBossWS tools seperate as
part of the release, but I am hoping it will not come to that. Right now
JBossWS is our only 1.5 source-level plugin, but webtools 2.0 (which i
assume we will be using in our next release i.e. JBossIDE 2.1 etc) will make
full use of 1.5 source, so it's only a matter of time.....
--
Marshall Culpepper
marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
JBoss Eclipse IDE Lead, JBoss Inc.