[jbosside-dev] Re: 8/28 team meeting notes

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 11:54:38 EDT 2006

> - Moved Beta2 release back 3 weeks to account for EclipseWorld,
> Consulting gig for Max (Sept 22nd)

Ok.

> - We should add a new "ALL" file bundle that includes all of our plugins
> but no Eclipse dependencies.

I thought about this and i think most of my comments on it went lost in
the skype echo, so here is what I suggested:

Keep the same downloads as we have now under the JBoss-IDE 2.0.0.Beta1
category.

add a new category called JBoss-IDE 2.0.0.Beta1-nodeps (or something) that
simply is the exact same plugins but *without*
any external plugins.

...and may I suggest to move all the MD5 files to a seperate category ?
They are the main reason for all the clutter imo (and it is downloaded by
*very* few people)
..and even move the test builds out of the way too.

The result would be something like:

  JBoss-IDE 2.0.0.Beta1
  	HibernateTools-3.2.0.beta7.zip
  	HibernateTools-Tests-2.0.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-2.0.0.Beta1-ALL.zip
  	JBossIDE-2.0.0.Beta1-Bundle-linux-gtk.tar.gz
  	JBossIDE-2.0.0.Beta1-Bundle-win32.zip
  	JBossIDE-AOP-Developer-1.2.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-Core-2.0.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-Drools-3.0.4.zip
  	JBossIDE-EJB3-Tools-1.1.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-FreeMarker-1.0.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-JBossCacheIDE-2.0.0.Beta1.zip
  	JBossIDE-JBossWS-0.3.2.zip
  	jBPM-Designer-3.0.11.zip
  JBoss-IDE 2.0.0.Beta1-nodeps
  	HibernateTools-3.2.0.beta7-nodeps.zip
  	HibernateTools-Tests-2.0.0.Beta1-nodeps.zip
  	JBossIDE-2.0.0.Beta1-ALL-nodeps.zip
  JBoss-IDE 2.0.0.Beta1-aux
         <all of the above>.MD5
         <the tests plugins>.zip

That makes it alot simpler IMO.

Thing to consider is:

a) what about source builds ?
b) should we provide a jbosside-alldeps.zip as a download under the
-nodeps?

> - Everyone needs to make sure their feature.xml uses "import" instead of
> "include" for any plugin that is not in your feature (i.e. all eclipse
> dependencies)

does the feature.xml in any way control what gets into the .zip file ?
or is that controlled by something else ?

The next step after is to consider simply depending on features instead of
individual plugins..

> - We need to collaborate on a presentation for November's JBWorld Europe.

If i understood correctly here is what we are planning to submit
indivdually:

Koen: Hands-on JBPM which uses the desginer

Olav: 2(?) talks about soapui and the jbosside plugin

Max: Hibernate Tools

(...and someone (Thomas Heute) might also do things in context of Seam)

What I suggest is that we can do a jbosside-BOF or something where we walk
through some of the features of the authors who will be at JBW and then let
people ask questions/suggestions etc. I'll find out who I should contact
inside
JBoss to email them directly instead of a "normal" submission.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max at hibernate.org