[jbosside-dev] Re: 8/28 team meeting notes

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 15:28:04 EDT 2006

> My only beef with this approach is that we won't have a single
> sourceforge
> release to link to from our downloads page. That being said, we have
> complete freedom over our download links and their layout, so given
> enough creativity we can probably make this painless for the user..

We would just point to the same link as before - the categories would be
visible
there still...or is that not the case ?

>> a) what about source builds ?
>

> My opinion is we should go the JBossAS route and just make one big source
> build with all of our source code..  this won't include any JARs or
> anything so it should be relatively small yes?

and that is something users can just copy into the plugins directory and
sourcelookups
etc. will work automatically when e.g. debugging via eclipse PDE ?

>  IIRC "include" tells eclipse to bundle the plugin and "import" doesn't.
> Our
> build system lets you bundle arbitrary plugins w/ your zip as well.

nice.

>> Olav: 2(?) talks about soapui and the jbosside plugin
>

> His name is Ole .. you can blame my terrible American pronunciation
> skills

hehe - sorry Ole; I should know not to listen to American's pronouncing
scandinavian names.

> I think a BOF format would be great for our type of presentation, 2-3
> hours minimum, IMO. We ate up 2+ hours at Vegas like pie...

yes.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate