[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Fwd: [jbosstools-commits] JBoss Tools SVN: r2969 - trunk/seam/plugins/org.jboss.tools.seam.core/src/org/jboss/tools/seam/internal/core/el.]

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 12:11:42 EDT 2007

> From yesterday we have excluded the scopes from the Seam EL content assist processor by your comments and requirement.

yes - saw that. Thanks.

> This was true only when we edit some component's java file and we have a scope. For all other cases (xml, xhtml, jsp and so on) we have no scope defined, so we didn't use it.

Got it.

> Previously Slava (because the SeamProject utility had been used to get the project variables and Slava is responsible for it) did this filtering using the scope of component.
 > The search rules was based on context search priority (See "3.1.9.
Context search priority" in
http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.0.0.B1/reference/en/html/concepts.html#d0e2517).

Yes - these are all default runtime lookups rules but at a given point a
component can be access and at that time the method can have access to
all of these scopes, and the context search priority just defines which
order things will be looked up in...and that means all scopes and
variables are available.

> Again, for now the scope isn't used anymore and all the project variables are used as possible proposal (the following filtering goes to the EL prefix and resolved type).

thanks.

/max