[jbosstools-dev] Re: Re[2]: what's new in beta1?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 07:04:08 EDT 2008

>> JSF:
>>  * Validation and code completion now respect "var" attributes in e.g. h:dataTable
>
> Now it works only for Seam context variables.
> New "var" feature extends our Seam EL Code Assist and Seam Validator.
> It does not work for plain JSF projects and usual jsf managed beans.
> So I think it should be under "Seam:".

hmmm....but there is nothing seam specific about this...?

So the validator/codecompletion used for JSF and Seam projects is totally seperate ?!
What is it that makes a .xhtml page in a seam project different from a .xhtml in a pure jsf project ?

I really would like to know how we in the future make sure such JSF improvements like this in
does not become something "special" for seam ?

/max