[jbosstools-dev] JBDS Hibernate - plans & priorities

Vitali Yemialyanchyk vyemialyanchyk at exadel.com
Mon Apr 7 11:03:39 EDT 2008

Max, hello.

I would like to discuss plans & priorities for issues to do next.

Now there are more than 30 opened Hibernate issues, some of it are patched -
so here I try to describe most important from my point of view to do next.

JBIDE-2008 in progress for Dima Geraskov

JBIDE-1178 in progress for Dima Geraskov

JBIDE-1921 Hibernate Tools User Guide - Fix Version/s: 2.2.x

JBIDE-1431 Generate Entities of non Empty Tables creates weird UIs - Fix
Version/s: 2.2.x

JBIDE-1708 Restore Defaults button does nothing in Properties for Hibernate
Settings - Fix Version/s: 2.2.x

-          Just admit can we start some of it?

JBIDE-1610 hibernate reverse engineering - Table & Columns tab -
delete/remove button - Fix Version/s: LATER

-          This issue should be simple and seems to be rather important to
be in 2.1.

JBIDE-1841 Improve error message when performing SchemaExport and an
exception occurs (e.g. SQL exception) - Fix Version/s: LATER

-          improve the handling of the error - also seems simple and could
be in 2.1

JBIDE-1913 Hibernate Code Generation - properties setup special editors -
Fix Version/s: LATER

-          what about this?

JBIDE-1974 Exception occurs after add additional mapping file into Hibernate
configuration that is already listed in cfg.file. - Fix Version/s: LATER

-          what about this?

JBIDE-1767 & JBIDE-1768 - I can proceed with it but it seems I need your
consulting here.

Could you suggest (required to do) opened suitable issues for 2.1?

What do you think about model creation for JBDS Hibernate - maybe it is a
time to start it? But this is not 2.1 issue.

opensource.atlassian.com - there are a lot of issues which seems to be
useful - I can dig into and propose several todo. for example

-          HBX-464 - add cfg.xml editor (seems the same - HBX-10  Properties
page )

-          HBX-46  allow query results to be shown lazy

-          HBX-895 Content assist doesn't work when an entity alias is not
preceded by whitespace

-          Etc. - there are a lot of propositions here - so

Could you define priority direction?

Best regards,

Vitali