[jbosstools-dev] Re: JBDS Hibernate - plans & priorities

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 02:53:19 EDT 2008

> Could you define priority direction?

Fix the ones that are open for 2.1 - then we can talk future. That is what is important now.

We are doing waaay to many half-solutions in the hibernate console code at the moment. Let's
complete what we are working on instead of spawning of too many concurrent working directions.

For the rest:

> JBIDE-2008 in progress for Dima Geraskov

What is the status ?

> JBIDE-1178 in progress for Dima Geraskov

It still has alot of bugs and thus too fragile to include in 2.1 at the current point.

> JBIDE-1921 Hibernate Tools User Guide - Fix Version/s: 2.2.x

Thus not for 2.1

> JBIDE-1431 Generate Entities of non Empty Tables creates weird UIs - Fix
> Version/s: 2.2.x

Yes, for 2.2.x

> JBIDE-1708 Restore Defaults button does nothing in Properties for Hibernate
> Settings - Fix Version/s: 2.2.x

> -          Just admit can we start some of it?

I don't know what that means.

JBIDE-1708 is done.

> JBIDE-1610 hibernate reverse engineering - Table & Columns tab -
> delete/remove button - Fix Version/s: LATER
>
> -          This issue should be simple and seems to be rather important to
> be in 2.1.

Then suggest a fix for it.

> JBIDE-1841 Improve error message when performing SchemaExport and an
> exception occurs (e.g. SQL exception) - Fix Version/s: LATER
>
> -          improve the handling of the error - also seems simple and could
> be in 2.1

If you think it is simple then please suggest a way to do it. Remember schemaexport is not the only one
throwing errors.

> JBIDE-1913 Hibernate Code Generation - properties setup special editors -
> Fix Version/s: LATER
>
> -          what about this?

Yes ? Feel free.

> JBIDE-1974 Exception occurs after add additional mapping file into Hibernate
> configuration that is already listed in cfg.file. - Fix Version/s: LATER
>
> -          what about this?

Yes ? Feel free to suggest a patch.

> JBIDE-1767 & JBIDE-1768 - I can proceed with it but it seems I need your
> consulting here.

Yes, so it will have to wait.

> Could you suggest (required to do) opened suitable issues for 2.1?

There is already more than enough issues open for hibernate for 2.1 that is still
in progress and not fixed.

> What do you think about model creation for JBDS Hibernate - maybe it is a
> time to start it? But this is not 2.1 issue.

As suggested before: come up with a way of doing it then we look at it.