[jbosstools-dev] How to keep track of ResourceBundle keys?

Snjezana Peco snjezana.peco at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 17:36:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

Eclipse contains standard tools for externalization(Source>Externalize Strings,
Source>Find Broken Externalized Strings, PDE Tools>Externalize Strings)
Here is an article about externalization Eclipse plugins http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Internationalization/how2I18n.html (it is an older, but still useful article) as well as an article describing how to test externalized plugins http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-TVT/how2TestI18n.html .
There is also the Babel project that can be used for externalization and translation: http://eclipse.org/babel .This project is used to translate Eclipse projects (Eclipse, WTP...). I haven't used it before, but will review it.
I believe that xmodel will make a problem during the
internationalization process because it contains hard-coded constants. I
am not sure if there is any way to internationalize those constants (the
org.jboss.tools.common.model/meta/studio_eclipse_option.meta file
contains the Visual/Source, Source, Preview constants, for instance. I
can't find a way to localize them).

Snjeza