[jbosstools-dev] How to keep track of ResourceBundle keys?

Denis Golovin dgolovin at exadel.com
Fri Aug 8 14:01:35 EDT 2008

Sean Flanigan wrote:
> Snjezana Peco wrote:
> > I believe that xmodel will make a problem during the
>> internationalization process because it contains hard-coded
>> constants. I am not sure if there is any way to internationalize
>> those constants (the
>> org.jboss.tools.common.model/meta/studio_eclipse_option.meta file
>> contains the Visual/Source, Source, Preview constants, for instance.
>> I can't find a way to localize them).
>
> Um.  That must be
> <http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbosstools/trunk/common/plugins/org.jboss.tools.common.model/resources/meta/studio_eclipse_option.meta?view=markup>
>

> I'll have to look at that when I can.  Perhaps it will be possible to
> generate such a file in multiple versions (one for each locale) by
> merging a generic template and the translations during the build
> process.  (And then finding a way to load the appropriate version at
> runtime.)  I'm sure someone in my team will have some ideas.  There's
> definitely some work to be done in that area, in any case.

Sean,

IMO That can be fixed. Now names from .meta files are used during
rendering trees, names from .meta files come straight to tree node
label. They cannot be just translated because somewhere in the code name
can be used to obtain object from model. That names are rather keys or
IDs, that should be rendered right with i18n support.

I CCed Viacheslav Kabanovich, he is the right guy to find the way to fix
i18n problem in XModel.

Denis