[jbosstools-dev] Re: some screen shots of the esb project wizard(contains pictures)

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 02:17:18 EDT 2008

> 1) Why does it say "Modify faceted project" in the header ?

The wizard header has not been set, since I have not pay attention on the details about the label or description,
it will be changed later.

> 2) There are no descriptions making it very hard to decipher for a user.
>
> e.g. what does "java package name" means on an otherwise completely blank wizard page ?

In the latest design of the template framework, this page will be a users controllable page through a
class attribute in the template extension, it will allow users to insert a new wizard page.
 The new screen shot or wiki page will be work out this week.

> 3) Not sure if templating should be the first thing to focus on. Can't we do a pure hello world esb setup first?

We will provide a template framework(extension points), and some templates(including a hello world esb)
will be predefined by extend the extension point.

> I'm a jboss esb noob, but those three files are not a "companion" afaik.
>
> Can't deployment.xml cover multiple esb.xml files and are they even necessary in the same project in eclipse ?

The editor is trying to provide a UI to edit the three files, although they are not a "companion",
they have associates through Queues sometime, and the default fact is: the deployment.xml and queue-service.xml
are not exist, only after the user edit them, they will be generated then.

Denny