[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Soa-tools-list] Eclipse version 4 (e4) efforts around a unified connection framework

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 01:59:58 EDT 2008

ECF is lowlevel protocol stuff. I wouldn't implement a JDBC connection on
it.

...and I actually cannot see what usecase there is for making unified
connection
framework that crosses all those different technologies...what is the
point ?

It is completely different user interaction scenarioes...

-max

> John Graham 写道:
>>> Where?
>>>

>> Since Brian Fitz from DTP started that page, I'd contact him on the DTP
>> newsgroup or dtp-dev at eclipse.org and he can provide further meeting info
>> as necessary.
>>

>>> ...and who else besides DTP does "connections" ?
>>>

>> There's the server connections in WTP, and the DTP/WTP connections don't
>> know about each other. Likewise, DSDP has connections to "remote
>> systems," TPTP has connections to debug/monitor targets, the platform
>> has connections to source control....
>>
>> Ultimately it would be nice if Eclipse had one notion of "connection"
>> typed based on what the endpoint is. Tools could then use these
>> connections in interesting ways.
>>
>> -- John
>>
> A unified connection framework ? but we know that there is ECF now .
> what's the different between ECF and the "Unified Connection Framework"?
>> On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 22:54 +0200, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> Where?
>>>
>>> ...and who else besides DTP does "connections" ?
>>>
>>> -max

-max