[jbosstools-dev] Some thoughts and questions about the esp project wizard

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 16:14:37 EDT 2008

I disagree with the idea of not using the project wizard.  I am somewhat
familiar with those classes and I believe you can leverage a lot of them
effectively even for the project structure you've suggested.

As for requiring it's own module type, that also is not a problem. It is
one class that you must extend to turn projects into modules. I have
several examples of these classes in the AS tools that turn single files
into a module or project archives into modules.  You can turn anything
into a deployable module (at least as far as wst.server is concerned).

In short, using large portions (and especially the base classes) for the
wtp / ejb / dynamic web / whatever project wizard could be beneficial.
These wizards contain a lot of utility methods for setting up projects
that use the flexible project model and I don't think you should ignore
that.

That's just my input, though =]

- Rob