[jbosstools-dev] Re: VPE editor

Snjezana Peco snjeza.peco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:41:32 EDT 2008

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>> We could add a preference (using dialog settings or IPersistableElement)
>> for every editor that has a non-default value for this action. The
>> action would be changed using IPartListener interface.
>>

> I don't understand how having a preference will prevent the synchronization issues between
> the split-view in the VPE editor?
>
> -max

I understood that you were talking about different editors with
different state of the Link action.
As to the split-view, the visual and source part wouldn't be
synchronized automatically when the Link action is disabled.
In that case, the user would use only the source part (it is possible to
disable the visual part in order the user not to use actions...).
The user would manually synchronize these parts by calling Refresh. This
would be used only for editing large files.
For instance, when editing employee.xhtml (attached to
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE-675), I have to wait for a few
minutes between keystrokes.

In my opinion, it would be nice to have the following feature:
- disabling the visual part using the Link action
- editing a file in the source editor (fast when the visual part is
inactive)
- clicking Refresh periodically to sync the visual and source part

Snjeza