[jbosstools-dev] Re: VPE editor

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 12:01:54 EDT 2008

> However, I still think that Link/Unlink makes sense because switching
> requires 2 clicks (switching to the visual part and returning to the
> source part). Except that, when using the Link
> action, the user can see the source and visual part at the same time.

I buy the 2 click argument. I think we should do it. Adding a "linked editing" toggle button
in the upper left corner sounds like a small but nice enhancement.

I was thinking we could use the current "refresh" button to avoid adding extra code but if
I remember correctly that button is still relevant since it forces a full refresh updating CSS
styles etc. If you have an idea of just combining them would be good.

> Switch from the source to the visual part rebuilds dom every time (even
> if we didn't edit anything).
> I think that the implementation of this feature is very simple.

Ok, so lets implement the "delay a few miliseconds before update" feature.

Svetlana, please create two seperate jira issues for this then Sergey et.al. can comment there
if needed.