[jbosstools-dev] Re: physical bound file names in .settings directories ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 14:34:13 EDT 2008

> For JSF projects, solving  JBIDE-1714, I have eliminated file /.settings/org.jbosstools.jst.web.xml
> so it is not a problem anymore.

okey...then I have questions for that:

do we still work with users existing workspaces having that file ? (we must)

do we still work with non-WTP projects ? (we must)

What information does org.jbosstools.jst.web.xml represent ? It is more than just the jar dependencies right?

> For Struts projects dependency of Studio implementation on this file is rather strong
> so that eliminating it would require some extensive refactoring. Do we need to solve
> the problem for Struts, nevertheless, or is not it worth efforts?

If struts is completely seperate from this then lets first focus on JSF - I haven't seen
anyone report back on Struts.

-max