[jbosstools-dev] The never-ending JIRA: /JBIDE-1862

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Sun May 4 20:02:58 EDT 2008

Max:

Because of this change, any old seam projects will need to use the new
jboss-seam.jar. I know this is shitty. I know this sucks. I know this is
pretty much unacceptable.

But it's all that was possible to ensure the jboss-seam file gets
published. The only alternative was to remove it from application.xml,
and I suspect strongly that would have other bad affects.   If that's
not the case, Marshall can roll back the change and we can just remove
it from application.xml.

But my impression was that it's required to be in application.xml. And
because of that, it needs a descriptor file or wtp 2.0.2 will puke on it.

So... tl;dr = old seam 1.2 projects will need to upgrade their
jboss-seam.jar file.

Sucks.

- RS