[jbosstools-dev] Legacy projects to be removed

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Thu May 8 20:26:19 EDT 2008

Legacy projects in our svn are going to be removed from trunk. They will
still be accessible in old release branches, however they are no longer
relevant to our development environment.

Specifically:
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.ejb3.*
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.jdt.aop.*
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.jdt.*
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.*
and others.

With the last release (mostly) out the door, it's time to start thinking
about forward development
and how we wish to keep our svn organized and clean. As we're switching
to eclipse 3.4,
and these projects are no longer maintained (and no longer compile),
they are good candidates for removal.

If at any point a patch against one of the recent release streams is
provided which brings these projects
into proper order and / or we find someone willing to maintain them, we
may merge them back in.
However, absent a maintainer, this is the proper move right now.

- Rob Stryker