[jbosstools-dev] Please Advise: jst server adapters in exadel code

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Thu May 8 23:18:36 EDT 2008

The following projects exist in our codebase.  They all use the Generic
Server adapter.

org.jboss.tools.jst.server.jboss
org.jboss.tools.jst.server.jetty
org.jboss.tools.jst.server.jrun
org.jboss.tools.jst.server.resin

At the very least, I recommend that the jboss adapter be removed from
our SVN.

I can see the benefit of the other three in our tools, to remain open to
all others
who may want to use our tools. This is fine for me, and you'll hear no
objections.

The only suggestion I'd have is to unify all of them into one plugin in
the "AS" module,
rather than keep them bundled in the "jst" module bundled with jst.web
and jst.jsp.

I also suggest that org.jboss.tools.jst.firstrun move to the "as" module
as well,
though I'm not quite as sure about this.

Finally, if no one else has any problem with this, I also think moving the
"start server" / "stop server" tool button into the as.ui plugin...
though the
effects of that will need to be looked into since it's mixed in with the
org.jboss.tools.jst.web plugin.

Thoughts and comments from all are welcome.

- Rob Stryker