[jbosstools-dev] Cluster Feature Collecting

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Sat Apr 4 04:19:53 EDT 2009

> If you only need to deploy to one server, then the view can include
> just one "wrapper" type server, whereas if you have to deploy to each
> of them separately, they're probably better off modeled as individual
> servers then grouped under a cluster node.
I would say clustering might be two or three things:

1) Being able to group arbitrary group of (jboss) servers on which you
can do the various operations (i.e. stop, start, publish, etc.).
     That grouping possibly have to be sequenced/ordered, but i'm not
sure how necessary that is.

2) Easy creation of a server that have the same setup as anyone else in
the group - except for a few key settings (I think Galder got those in a
jira somewhere?)
     This might require physically creating/copying a server
configuration on the disk but that would have to be optional in case of
local vs remote servers.
     This feature might not just be for cluster usecases but also for
normal server creation.

p.s. how about raising this on the forums where users are more than here ?