[jbosstools-dev] SOA-P 4.3 vs EAP 4.3

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 02:10:08 EST 2009

When I try to create a WTP adaptor for SOA-P 4.3 using JBoss 4.2 Runtime
type, get a warning message:
"The home directory does not exist, is missing key files, or is of the
incorrect version",
so I changed the runtime type to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
4.3 and set runtime home directory to
a JBoss SOA-P 4.3, it works, then I apply the runtime library to a project,
it shows **JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.3 Runtime[...]* *in
the project's  Libraries list.
 Are SOA-P and EAP the same thing? if I understand correctly, EAP is not
the same as SOA-P,
since the EAP does not contain  ESB runtime but SOA-P does, right? if
so, users might be confused when
using EAP and SOA-P in JBoss Tools.

I ask this because I am in the situation when try to create some out of
the box ESB project examples,
I want to set the SOA-P classpath container to the projects classpath,
so they can work with ESB
runtime support, users just need create a JBoss SOA-P runtime with the
same name specified in
project examples in their workspace after they import the project
examples,   but  for now,  there
is not a separate server runtime type for JBoss SOA-P,  if  using EAP
runtime,  users might create
a EAP runtime and can't make it works,  users would be depressed.

Denny