[jbosstools-dev] SOA-P 4.3 vs EAP 4.3

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 02:32:50 EST 2009

We are not creating a separate server type for SOA-P for 3.0 GA. Simply
not enough time nor differences to warrant doing this.

SOA-P is EAP + ESB stuff .....

After GA I'm starting to be inclined to add a specific server type but I
would really not like to have to create a server type for every EAP,
SOA-P, EPP + versions if at all possible.
Topic for eclipsecon maybe ?

> I ask this because I am in the situation when try to create some out
> of the box ESB project examples,
> I want to set the SOA-P classpath container to the projects classpath,
> so they can work with ESB
> runtime support, users just need create a JBoss SOA-P runtime with the
> same name specified in
> project examples in their workspace after they import the project
> examples,   but  for now,  there
> is not a separate server runtime type for JBoss SOA-P,  if  using EAP
> runtime,  users might create
> a EAP runtime and can't make it works,  users would be depressed.
Yes - but creating server type wouldn't fix that - in the examples the
only link is the name, not the type afaik.