[jbosstools-dev] weekly status

Vitali Yemialyanchyk vyemialyanchyk at exadel.com
Thu Jul 2 08:52:25 EDT 2009

I made small code review related with JBIDE-4426 – I get several questions:

why GenerateEntitiesWizard -> performFinish ->
wc.setAttribute("hibernate.dialect",
"org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect")?

why we setup org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect by default? it look
like some error
 Dima create JBIDE-4555.

Max, why ConsoleConfiguration -> localCfg.setProperty(
"hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults", "false" ); - is false not a
true?

Is the reason the same - autoConfigureDialect is commented:

//autoConfigureDialect(localCfg); Disabled for now since it causes very
looong timeouts for non-running databases + i havent been needed until
now...

autoConfigureDialect

So why GenerateEntitiesWizard -> performFinish ->
wc.setAttribute("hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults", true);

Do you know some other way  - to check non-running database quickly without
getConnection?

It is possible to enhance SettingsFactory -> buildSettings here:

è if ( useJdbcMetadata ) {

it is possible to cache databaseName & databaseMajorVersion to read it only
once

Vitali