[jbosstools-dev] Cleaning up manifest.mf's

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 19:16:27 EDT 2009

> This revealed a few things though which we need to fix:
>
> a) usage of com.sun.* classes should removed (hibernate ui/diagram
> have this)
Fixed - com.sun.*.Sort|Comparator where being used instead of
Arrays.sort and Comparable.
> b) we should remove .settings whereever possible since with1 and 2
> from above it should no longer be necessary to set project specific
> compiler options; and having them overriden per project just creates
> confusion. Removing .settings will be my next cleanup - let me know if
> you know of a good reason for keeping any .settings files around ?
I've removed all jdt.core prefs since they just stated "use JDK 5" which
is redundant in eclipse 3.5.

There were also a few with NLS warnings enabled - should be enabled
globally instead of per project I believe (Sean?)

The only .settings left are those with encoding settings and some
validator setup I don't know if is needed.

Could those involved in these let me know if we can delete them or not ?

BPEL:
./bpel/plugins/org.eclipse.bpel.ui/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs
./bpel/plugins/org.eclipse.bpel.ui/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.prefs
./bpel/plugins/org.eclipse.bpel.validator/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs
./bpel/plugins/org.eclipse.bpel.validator/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.validation.prefs

Common:
./common/plugins/org.jboss.tools.common.model.ui/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs

Struts:
./struts/plugins/org.jboss.tools.struts/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs

VPE:
./vpe/plugins/org.jboss.tools.vpe.ui.palette/.settings/org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs

p.s. I have not changed manifest, .classpath or .settings in anything
put plugin projects - examples or test projects I did not touch to make
sure they behaved the same as before (need to look at these individually
to know if they need cleanup or not)
Thanks