[jbosstools-dev] Request Assistance for *ANOTHER* Broken Unit Test

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 06:09:34 EST 2009

> On Hudson, however, it fails, saying it can't find
> com.vladium.emma.rt.RT, which, to be 100% honest, I have absolutely no
> idea what is. I'm quite certain I've never heard of or used these
> classes. I'm also quite certain none of my archives logic depends on
> these classes. And I'm pretty certain that it's not involved in ant at
> all. So why this is  my current error is absolutely beyond me.
emma is the tool we use for code coverage (i.e.
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/release/3.0.0.GA/200903030207/tests/test-results/emma-coverage/index.html,
which is the generated report that is generated for every build and
accessible from the build results page which also includes a link to a
emma session coverage report which you can load in eclemma to see it
blended in to your eclipse environment).

That said emma works by enhancing the classes to generate the statistics
and your test failure is caused by emma not being on the classpath when
you launch externally.

How do we fix that ? Not sure, depends on how emma is setup in the build
which i'm not 100% on - Denis should know more.

My best suggestion currently is to have a property
"test.codecoverage.classpath" which your test adds to the launch if it
is set - but that just feels a bit dirty.