[jbosstools-dev] Deploying artifacts that should be deployed before server is started

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 11:33:23 EDT 2009

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> On 25-03-2009 17:04, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>> Example:
>>
>> I have an .aop archive that contains bind pointcut information that I
>> need to apply to classes that are loaded *before* AS has finished
>> starting.
>>
>> Currently, I have a problem with the current deployment strategy
>> because the .aop file is being deployed after AS has started.
>>
>> How are u planning to deal with this?
> you deploy, start server, restart server ...that works, right ?

No, it doesn't work. The .aop archive always gets deployed *after* the
server has finished starting up.

> And what about clicking publish on the archive before the server is
> started ?

Tried but it does not make a difference.

I suppose there should be an optional possibility of copying file to
deploy directory when it's published because that way, startup
deployments work. This would be optional and only to be used with
certain deployments.

Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer
JBoss, a division of Red Hat