[jbosstools-dev] Re: Cluster Feature Collecting

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Sun May 17 14:52:03 EDT 2009

Hey Rob,

Sorry I never replied to this email. I've been meaning to do so but keep
having to do other things. So, let me explain all the steps I have to do
to create a cluster and have it ready to run a test:

Command line:
- cd AS_HOME/EAP_HOME (assume: EAP 4.3.0.GA)
- cp -r server/all server/xyz1
- cp -r server/all server/xyz2

Open JBDS:
- Create a new runtime and server for xyz1, give it a name:
eap-4.3.0.ga-xyz1 and add bind address localhost2
- Create a new runtime and server for xyz2 and give it a name:
eap-4.3.0.ga-xyz2, add bind address localhost3 and give it a different
JBoss Messaging server Id.
- Deploy your apps in xyz1 and xyz3

As you can see, if you wanna create a simple cluster for testing, it
takes a fair few clicks and operations to get it done.

I envision eventually having some wizard or GUI window from where you
could basically do all this in one go:

- Select EAP/AS home.
- Select number of configs to cluster, i.e. 2
- Give names to these X number of configs:
- Give bind addresses (or select service binding port configs) for each
config.
- Optionally give some special system properties to each, i.e. JBoss
Messaging server id.
- What deployments go in each server.

Underneath, this would do what I know have to do manually.

Thoughts?

--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer