[jbosstools-dev] Question about jaxb-xjc.jar

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 18:47:55 EDT 2009

Howdy:

In regards to a jira (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-5036) it
seems JDT does not like having jaxb-xjc.jar on the classpath of
projects. It's currently added by the runtime to the project in the
everything-and-the-kitchen-sink classpath management for servers.

The problem is jaxb-xjc.jar is malformed according to eclipse. It has a
folder inside it which is the parent to some packages and classes, but
this folder's name is "1.0" and eclipse is trying to treat it as a
package fragment but finds the name unacceptable.

Do we know of any projects that absolutely require jaxb-xjc.jar on the
classpath or should I add an exception and not include jaxb-xjc.jar from
the classpath containers?

- Rob