[jbosstools-dev] Moving to XulRunner 1.9

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 07:38:25 EDT 2009

>> Anyhow, I went back through the archives and found the following issues
>> to be what we have discussed before:
>>
>> 1) The Selection area as described above. If that only affects Mac and
>> there is a maintainable workaround that should be fine.
>>

> There will be the similar scheme to which we use for drowning resizes
> elements now.

"drowning resizes elements" ? You mean not have them show up or ?
>> 2) Platform availability - can we get or produce a xulrunner 1.9 binary
>> for all our supported platforms ? x86_64 bit ? Mac Cocoa/Carbon
> Mozilla provide support for following platforms linux x86,win32, Mac
> i386(I have cheeked work only on carbon, i haven't checked it on cocoa).
> For other platforms(linux x64 and windows x64 we can build XR1.9, it's
> much ease than build XR1.8.
> Also there exists an bug on win x64, that user can't select more then
> 677MB of memory when run eclipse x32 and java x32.You can see this
> thread(http://www.java-forum.org/ides-und-tools/85846-eclipse-maximal-xmx696m-hoeher-geht-nicht.html)
> So build of xulrunner for this platform is important.

I actually got some contact me wanting to help out do a Win X64 build
for us. Got some docs/links I can send to him or should
we just do it over email ?
>> 3) Updatability - will users (of both jboss tools and JBDS) be able to
>> update to xulrunner 1.9 via our updatesite  without conflicts to the SWT
>> integration/hook/hack ?
>>
> It should work without any problems.
>
>> If we can solve/verify these or at least find acceptable workarounds and
>> there isn't any other known problems then lets move to XulRunner 1.9
>> after M3 have been released.

Lets discuss it tomorrow (friday) on the call with Denis and Alexey -
but from the sound of it we should move up to xulrunner 1.9
for the M4 release.