[jbosstools-dev] Moving to XulRunner 1.9

Maksim Areshkau mareshkau at exadel.com
Thu Sep 24 06:59:59 EDT 2009

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> Anyhow, I went back through the archives and found the following issues
>>> to be what we have discussed before:
>>>
>>> 1) The Selection area as described above. If that only affects Mac and
>>> there is a maintainable workaround that should be fine.
>>>

>> There will be the similar scheme to which we use for drowning resizes
>> elements now.
>>
> "drowning resizes elements" ? You mean not have them show up or ?
It is a spell mistake, drowing should be a drawing.
I mean show up them as a resize elements, using DIV with style absolute
position and blue border.
>>> 2) Platform availability - can we get or produce a xulrunner 1.9 binary
>>> for all our supported platforms ? x86_64 bit ? Mac Cocoa/Carbon
>> Mozilla provide support for following platforms linux x86,win32, Mac
>> i386(I have cheeked work only on carbon, i haven't checked it on cocoa).
>> For other platforms(linux x64 and windows x64 we can build XR1.9, it's
>> much ease than build XR1.8.
>> Also there exists an bug on win x64, that user can't select more then
>> 677MB of memory when run eclipse x32 and java x32.You can see this
>> thread(http://www.java-forum.org/ides-und-tools/85846-eclipse-maximal-xmx696m-hoeher-geht-nicht.html)
>> So build of xulrunner for this platform is important.
>>
> I actually got some contact me wanting to help out do a Win X64 build
> for us. Got some docs/links I can send to him or should
> we just do it over email ?
Build instructions can be founded here
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XULRunner/Build_Instructions
>>> 3) Updatability - will users (of both jboss tools and JBDS) be able to
>>> update to xulrunner 1.9 via our updatesite  without conflicts to the SWT
>>> integration/hook/hack ?
>>>
>> It should work without any problems.
>>
>>> If we can solve/verify these or at least find acceptable workarounds and
>>> there isn't any other known problems then lets move to XulRunner 1.9
>>> after M3 have been released.
>>>
> Lets discuss it tomorrow (friday) on the call with Denis and Alexey -
> but from the sound of it we should move up to xulrunner 1.9
> for the M4 release.
Unfortunately I have been on vacation, so may be another meeting time?

Maksim Areshkau