[jbosstools-dev] "Hibernate Configuration 3.0 XML Editor"

Viacheslav Kabanovich scabanovich at exadel.com
Thu Sep 10 10:53:35 EDT 2009

Splitting common:

We can move all plugins other than 5 mentioned to trunk/jst folder as is. That will involve mimimal changes, including new features definitions. However, if we want to keep to naming agreements and rename plugins and packages, for example org.jboss.tools.common.el.core -> org.jboss.tools.jst.el.core, then it may be not good for the nearest release as involving major changes.

Cleaning model:

For instance, EclipseResourceUtil lists in code possible natures based on XModel (jsfnature, strutsnature). It really does not need either to know or use concrete natures. But it needs to know that some Eclipse project do has a nature based on XModel. This is easily solved by new extension point 'xmodelnature' that will provide for given installation available natures.
Next, 'options' section of XModel is heaped in one file in common. I will think about its separation into components.

Slava