[jbosstools-dev] "Hibernate Configuration 3.0 XML Editor"

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 10:19:54 EDT 2009

> Splitting common:
> We can move all plugins other than 5 mentioned to trunk/jst folder as is.
So that is:

EL/Resource resolving/knowledge base:
org.jboss.tools.common.el.core
org.jboss.tools.common.el.ui
org.jboss.tools.common.el.kb
org.jboss.tools.common.resref.core
org.jboss.tools.common.resref.ui

Meta ui ?(what is this for ?)
org.jboss.tools.common.meta.ui

Project templates:
org.jboss.tools.common.projecttemplates (isn't this common functionallity?)

Verification:
org.jboss.tools.common.verification
org.jboss.tools.common.verification.ui
> That will involve mimimal changes, including new features definitions.
> However, if we want to keep to naming agreements and rename plugins
> and packages, for example org.jboss.tools.common.el.core ->
> org.jboss.tools.jst.el.core, then it may be not good for the nearest
> release as involving major changes.
What kind of changes beyond package rename ?

Also changes in .meta files ?

Will it affect users local config files ?

Maybe most of these should be handled by simply having more than one
common feature ? i.e. common.verification/common.xmodel/etc. ?

> Cleaning model:
> For instance, EclipseResourceUtil lists in code possible natures based
> on XModel (jsfnature, strutsnature). It really does not need either to
> know or use concrete natures. But it needs to know that some Eclipse
> project do has a nature based on XModel. This is easily solved by new
> extension point 'xmodelnature' that will provide for given
> installation available natures.
k - any specific reason why it should be based on nature and not just on
some other setting/logic ?
> Next, 'options' section of XModel is heaped in one file in common. I
> will think about its separation into components.
k.