[jbosstools-dev] Problem with org.jboss.tools.common.model.ui plugin

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 13:35:31 EDT 2010

We should strive to have all our plugins deployed as jars, not
folders... and within those jars, *no nested jars.*

This is an easy thing to change in the containing feature's feature.xml
(set unpacked="false"), the plugin's build.properties (replace "foo.jar"
with "."), and its MANIFEST.MF (replace "foo.jar" with ".").

On 03/30/2010 12:50 PM, Denis Golovin wrote:
> There is no reason for that, it just the same as it was from the
> beginning. We have no naming conventions for case like this.
>
> -Denis
>
> On 03/28/2010 11:27 AM, Andersen Max wrote:
>> Denis, any reason why we are using different named jars for unpacked/packed jars ?
>>
>> /max

>>> It is here but name is model_ui.jar because it is deployed as unpacked.
>>>
>>> <moz-screenshot.png>
>>>
>>> You cannot import
>>> ObjectMultiPageEditor
>>> because it requires org.eclipse.ui.ide.IGotoMarker and you have to add org.eclipse.ui.ide plug-in to your plug-in dependencies because it is not reexported in common.ui plug-in.
>>>
>>> Denis

Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena