[jbosstools-dev] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools structure

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Sep 1 14:34:24 EDT 2010

> structure

More or less the same. Labels changed a little, but the idea is the same.

> links to the last builds

Instead of a static URL (file) you have a static URL (folder) that
doesn't change.

> build result pages,

Yes, that's missing. Instead we have the .target file. And test results
are in Hudson.

> automatic nightly builds clean ups.

The goal was to have one folder per build job which was self-cleaning
with every promotion. Therefore rather than needing to clean up nightly,
we'd get cleanup w/ every build published.

For nightly snapshots, this is working. For the "release" builds I have
to do manual cleanup from time to time.

> On 09/01/2010 08:40 AM, Nick Boldt wrote:
>> See comments in https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6956 and
>> https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6958
>>
>> On 08/31/2010 03:09 PM, Denis Golovin wrote:
>>> Max, Nick,
>>>
>>> I've also opened issue for download site structure
>>> https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6956
>>>
>>> Before aggregation was introduced which is building final repowith
>>> everything included we used to have simple hierarchical stucture
>>>

>>> jbosstools/builds/${type}/${branch/tag}/${timestamp}
>>> jbosstools/updates/${type}/${branch/tag}
>>>
>>> where ${type} is *nightly, stable, development *
>>>
>>> nightly for nightly builds
>>> stable for GA releases
>>> development for M's, betas and CR's releases
>>>
>>> ${branch/tag} was used to separate builds made from different branch
>>> tags
>>>
>>> ${timestamp} time stamp YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
>>>
>>> for example in jbosstools/builds/nightly
>>>
>>> jbosstools/builds/nightly/trunk would contains last three nightly builds
>>> from trunk
>>> jbosstools/builds/nightly/3.1.X would contains last three nightly builds
>>> from 3.1.X branch
>>> jbosstools/builds/nightly/3.1.1 would contains last several builds from
>>> 3.1.1 tag depends on what kind of problems was found in release
>>> candidate build
>>>
>>> for example jbosstools/updates/nightly would contains last update sites
>>> for tags/branches like
>>>
>>> jbosstools/updates/nightly/trunk - last update site built from trunk
>>> jbosstools/updates/nightly/3.1.X last update site built from 3.1.X
>>> branch
>>> jbosstools/updates/nightly/3.1.1 last update site built from 3.1.1 tag
>>>
>>> All above is about aggregated builds what we need to do next is to find
>>> place to put bits build/updates for sepate components aggregated into
>>> JBT Update site like: teiid, drools, pi4soa and etc.
>>>
>>> Even jbosstools continuous build could be treated like separate
>>> component included in aggregated build/update site.
>>>
>>> Lets say we have for aggregated builds:
>>>
>>> * jbosstools/builds
>>> * jbosstools/updates
>>>
>>> Then we can have for separate components only for nightly builds:
>>>
>>> jbosstools/${component}/builds/nightly
>>> jbosstools/${component}/builds/nightly/${version/branch}/${timestamp}
>>> jbosstools/${component}/updates/nightly/
>>> jbosstools/${component}/updates/nightly/${version/branch}
>>>
>>> another option is to have them under current nightly folder
>>>
>>> jbosstools/builds/nightly/${component}/${branch/tag}/${timestamp}
>>> jbosstools/updates/nightly/${component}/${branch/tag}
>>>
>>> Sure we have to restore build index.html with links to update
>>> sites/drivers and zipped update sites
>>> https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6958.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Denis

Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena