[jbosstools-dev] The "secret" git-svn mirror is now live

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Feb 25 14:57:54 EST 2011

> I'm now running a job every 5 minutes which brings a local svn mirror uptodate, git svn fetches/rebases a git repo and then
> git push mirror to https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-svn-mirror

Time to clone to local: 18 mins = awesome! :D

Fact that it's still read-only: less awesome. (But it's a great start!) :(

> This is a *mirror* meaning its only for reading and to get changes back to svn you need to learn and understand git and its git svn dcommit
> functionality.

See http://divby0.blogspot.com/search/label/git for some ideas on how to
use Git as the front end to the *read-write* SVN repo.

Note too that this mirror is, for me, 1.9G on disk. My git-svn clone
(containing only the 3.2.x and trunk branches) was 1.3G when I checked
it out a month ago[1]. This naturally is larger because it contains more
revision history.

[1]
http://divby0.blogspot.com/2011/01/howto-partially-clone-svn-repo-to-git.html#skiptocode

Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena