[jbosstools-dev] RESTful Web Services questions

Isaac Rooskov irooskov at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 21:03:51 EDT 2011

Hey Xavier still reading through all the emails in this thread but
thought I'd respond to this one on my way through (so I apologise if my
answer isn't relevant because of emails I haven't read yet).

I'm going to test this again after reading this thread, however when I
tried it the other day I was getting a "RESTful Webservices" node with
an arrow beside it (so it looked like it had children), however when I
clicked on the node, the arrow disappeared and no children would show.

I have see the "Building...." node as well. I saw that one the day after
(which is yesterday now). I saw this for a project that already had
maven errors so i assumed it couldn't build the JAX-RS correctly because
of something to do with those. I did however manage to see the correct
"RESTful Webservices" node with children on a different project that had
no erorrs prior to (and after) adding JAX-RS through the context-menu.

I will look more into this today ;)

Thank-you very much for all your help and assistance and I hope this
isn't a wild goose chase :P

Isaac

On 07/14/2011 05:57 PM, Xavier wrote:
> Isaac,
>
> Sorry, my previous answer was incomplete: in your case, when you tried to expend the "RESTful Webservices" node in the project explorer view, did you see a single child node labelled "Building..." or nothing, as if there was no child at all ?
> In the latest version of the plugin, the metamodel is built when the "RESTful Webservices" node is expanded if it had not been built before.
>
> Regards,
> Xavier
>
> Le 14 juil. 2011 à 01:08, Isaac Rooskov<irooskov at redhat.com>  a écrit :
>
>> Arg....today it seems to be working fine :S I'll keep mucking around with it and pushing forward. If I see it again I'll open a bug and hopefully be able to replicate it.
>>
>> Sorry if it turns out I've wasted your time.
>>
>> Isaac
>>
>> On 07/14/2011 12:01 AM, Xavier wrote:
>>> Hello Isaac,
>>>
>>> As Max mentionned, there shouldn't be different outcomes. If the JAXRS metamodel is not built after adding the facet or if it is incomplete, then please open a JIRA with a sample project and I'll look at it when I come back.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards,