[jbosstools-dev] Version alignment completed - now you got the power and responsibility! :)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 06:52:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've just committed the last bulk of changes to pom.xml, manifest.mf and feature.xml to implement https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-9268

This change makes it so that almost all[1] modules in jboss tools svn can now be easily versioned by using one command in the root of your module:

i.e. for cdi:

cd trunk/cdi
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

will correctly update all child pom's version info to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT and any p2 metadata such as manifest.mf and feature.xml to 3.4.0.qualifier.

This means no need to manually bump each individual plugin on changes  - it can now be done at a module level.

Please be aware I have simply used the highest version found in the module to use as the overall version - I have not checked if
that version is actually correct. That is up to each dev to check.

[1] There are some exceptions which ill cover in separate email.