[jbosstools-dev] Version alignment completed - now you got the power and responsibility! :)

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 11:05:52 EDT 2011

So, you want to start having component owners use this right before GA
to drop the -SNAPSHOT qualifier, then right after GA to bump everything
up in one shot?

I'd argue that this is only useful once a year, when we start the new
year's release and need to push everything up from 3.6.x to
3.7.0-SNAPSHOT. Otherwise it's better to just upversion plugins and
features THAT ACTUALLY CHANGE, and that dropping the suffix is bad from
an osgi/p2 installable point of view (and also because you lose the M2
suffix so that QE knows for which milestone a given build is targetted).