[jbosstools-dev] Git - do it fully or not ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 10:39:30 EST 2011

> +1 for git.
>
> Work with svn is very slow and disk-consuming and I have still issues 'svn
> up', it still needs cleanup, or refuses to update. I started to hate svn,
> please unschackle me :-)

Btw. Nick and I had a chat the other day about what actually prevent us from moving and
if it was just a question about git vs svn then we could easily move (assuming windows users
are fine with using bash/cygwin)

The challenge is that hudson+git is not as flexible as it currently is with svn and we don't yet
have a good use of having our builds pick up latest/matching dependencies from a repository -
thus not trivial to move away from git fully :(

Will require a lot of effort.

/max