[jbosstools-dev] Why can't we use the root pom.xml to just build from ?

Denis Golovin dgolovin at exadel.com
Tue Mar 22 20:08:53 EDT 2011

While JBDS product builds are running for verification of
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-1576, I've been testing maven build

> On Mar 11, 2011, at 21:53, Nick Boldt wrote:
>
>> Parent pom&  target platform pom must be built BEFORE you can build
>> against a defined target platform. That's just the way the .target
>> association in maven/tycho works. If you want to figure out another way,
>> be my guest. :)
> Parent pom's does not need to be build first if proper referenced.

I checked several times that it is enough now just add right

<relativePath> element for parent pom reference. It should be
<relativePath>../../../build/parent</relativePath> - for plug-ins and
test plug-ins

works for me in local build with removed nexus repository reference from
parent pom.xml

Denis

> Target platform pom's should be released to nexus as snapshots and you would be fine too there.
> And target platforms could be good citizens and actually change version number when their
> content changes (or at least at every non-continous build, aka Milestone release)! Otherwise how do you reproduce the builds ?!

it is not enough to release target platform to nexus repo, because it is
just .target file that has a reference to update site in <location>
element. Update site should be released as well to stable location, so
it can be referenced to reproduce the build.